- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two bread pans with oil or line them with foil/parchment paper.
- Whisk the oil and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and water and whisk until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir to fully incorporate.
- Pour the batter into bread pans.
- To make the topping, combine the sugar, butter, cinnamon and the pecan pieces. Use a fork and mix until it butter and sugar resembles a coarse meal. You can also rub the mixture between your hands so that the butter mixes thoroughly with the sugar. Sprinkle the topping liberally over the muffins before baking. Bake for approximately 55 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Joelen's Culinary Adventures