Peppermint Chocolate Mug Cake- a minty, chocolate microwave cake perfect for winter. Best eaten warm during these cold months.
I’ve been on a peppermint crushing kick lately. Smashing the little peppermint candies with a meat mallet is pretty fun. Of course, I need an excuse for crushing them. So I’ve been making peppermint flavored desserts- like this peppermint chocolate mug cake.
Five minutes is all you’ll need to assemble this cake. It cooks in one minute and then it’s ready to eat. I love warm chocolate cake, especially with the chilly weather.
And how cute is this mug? Now that it’s December, I can break out all my holiday mugs. I love holiday mugs. I secretly use some of the year-round when it’s just me. This one is from Shirley J. I haven’t really gotten into the whole mustache thing that’s been popular this year, but I like this one. It sort of reminds me of Santa.
Peppermint Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp low fat or fat free milk
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 peppermint candies finely crushed (you can also substitute with 1/4 tsp peppermint extract)
- In a microwave-safe mug, combine chocolate, milk and crushed peppermint. Microwave for about 40 seconds. Stir with a whisk until chocolate is completely melted and the candies are mostly melted.
- Add in flour, baking powder and oil. Stir with whisk until batter is smooth. Cook in microwave for about 1 minute. Top of cake should look done and dry to the touch. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.