For me, Fall baking is never complete without several loaves of pumpkin bread. Over the years, I’ve tried many recipes, but this one remains my favorite. Last year, I picked up this Nordic Ware Pumpkin Loaf Pan*I had been wanting for quite a while. Lucky for me, I got it while it was on sale.
This loaf pan makes cakes, breads, look so much more festive with the pumpkin vines design. I plan on using it a few more times during this pumpkin baking season, but here is the debut.
This quick bread is very moist and easy to put together. It has the perfect ratio of fall spices for my personal preference. More emphasis on the cinnamon and nutmeg and just a touch of ground ginger and ground cloves to round out the flavors.
Favorite Pumpkin Bread
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 9×5 inch loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.