- 1 2/3 cups (225 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (25 ml) + 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1 cup (255 g) + 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups (270 g) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 3 large eggs
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a mixing bowl. Then in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the pumpkin purée, oil, sugar, and salt together until well blended. Beat the eggs in one at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the flour and mix until just combined. You don’t want to overbeat the batter as it will result in a tougher crumb. Then beat for 5 to 10 seconds until smooth. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and tap the pan on the counter to help flatten the batter out.
Bake for approximately one hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool before removing.