I’ve never seen an entire cake that is Nutella flavored. I’ve seen various cakes swirled with Nutella, and I’ve made a Nutella mug cake. So I figured, why not a regular bundt cake only with Nutella flavor?
This cake came out a pretty dark brown. I wasn’t sure really how to decorate it and didn’t want to mess with the almost shiny surface. I think the best way to decorate it maybe is with a Nutella frosting. But I’m still hesitant to decorate my Bundt cakes. I’ve tried it a few times and messed up horribly.
So, in the end, I just did a powdered sugar dusting.
This cake came out soft and moist and tasted of Nutella. Yum. The outside was a little dry. I’m not sure if it’s because I overcooked, or because I need to adjust the recipe a little to make it even more moist.
It’s not overly sweet, so if you enjoy frosting, I do recommend melting some Nutella and frosting your cake with it.
I really enjoyed this cake though. And I would definitely make it again. It was pretty easy to put together and I was able to cram it in one late night before bed.
More Cake Recipes
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an extra large bundt pan (12-16 cup) with Pam Spray with flour. Line 6 cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the Nutella and mix. Add half the flour mixture and half the milk and mix. Add in remaining flour mixture and milk and mix until batter is smooth. Fill 6 cupcake liners about 2/3 full of batter. Pour remaining batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean for the bundt cake. Bake about 18-22 minutes for the cupcakes.
- When the cake is cooled, you can melt some Nutella in the microwave to use as frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.