These Ranch flavored pita chips are baked for an easy and delicious snack. You can change up the flavors as well!
If I was forced to choose one favorite flavor for savory snacks, I think it has to be Ranch. I love the unique blend of herbs and spices that make up its flavor. I had some leftover pita bread the other day and decided to make pita chips, which I’ve made before. They are so easy that I don’t know why I don’t just always make my own.
Usually, I just sprinkle a little salt, but this time I decided to make them Ranch flavored. Yum! I will have to experiment with more flavors soon but I really enjoyed this one.
Ranch flavored Baked Pita Chips
- 2 (9-inch) round pita bread (see note)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
homemade ranch seasoning (see note)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 dry dill
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut pita bread into 2 x 1 3/4 inch rectangles. The edge pieces will be triangles rather than rectangles, but that's okay. You just want them all approximately the same size. I was able to get 25 pieces out of each round.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add all the ingredients for the homemade ranch seasoning into a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Lightly brush both sides of pita pieces with olive oil and place onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle some seasoning over the top surface of each of the pita pieces. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until crunchy and dark golden brown.
- I used regular pita bread, but you can use whole wheat if you want something healthier.
- If you don't want to make your own seasoning, you can substitute with dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.