These chocolate cookies with peanut butter cups are an easy cookie recipe. The cookie is a rich chocolate cookie and mini peanut butter cups are stirred into the dough before they are baked. If you like peanut butter and chocolate you will love this recipe.
I love to bake with candy and have made snickers cookies, candy cane cookies, and cookies stuffed with peeps. I also love using peanut butter cups, but hadn’t used the mini ones until I saw a recipe on King Arthur Flour using them in a cookie recipe.
I immediately wanted to make them because I love mini ingredients and the peanut butter cups were just so cute. But, instead of using that recipe I found a chocolate cookie recipe on Everyday Annie and adapted it to make Reese’s chocolate cookies.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Dutch-process cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Mini peanut butter cups
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly between each addition. Scrape down the bowl, if needed.
Mix in the cocoa powder on low speed and then add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix just until the dough comes together.
Stir in the peanut butter cups and then scoop two tablespoons of the dough to form each cookie. Place them two inches apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake them for 12 minutes and then let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
I really enjoyed these cookies and my family did, too. I like that I didn’t have to chop up big peanut butter cups – using the littles ones makes these just a little easier. Plus, I had so much fun eating the little peanut butter cups with their little mini centers.
More Recipes with Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Cups Stuffed Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Mug Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in mini peanut butter cups.
- Scoop up about 2 tablespoons of dough and place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 12 minutes, until cookies are cooked and slide easily off of parchment paper. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.