Carrots are spiralized, tossed with a simple herb and cheese blend and then roasted for a few minutes to create a very simple and delicious vegetable dish.
Here is my latest spiralized vegetable creation. I’m obsessed with rainbow carrots and I really like how they look all mixed together like this. The carrots were easy to spiralize, though they don’t come out in as long of strands as the zucchini and cucumbers. Some come out in long strands and some come out in short curls, but the curls are quite pretty.
This week I signed myself up for a Snapchat account (username: kirbiecravings). Then, I spent nearly two hours reading articles on how to actually use Snapchat. All these new social media avenues make me feel really old and out of it and Snapchat is particularly frustrating. That little ghost is just dancing around and taunting me. I haven’t posted any videos yet, but I have made it my goal to do so sometime this week. Let’s just hope I don’t accidentally post anything embarrassing.
I’m not really good at jumping on trends. Look how long it took me to start spiralizing vegetables. But I’m so glad I finally discovered it so maybe I’ll feel the same about Snapchat.
I’ve discussed this before, but I purchased the iperfect kitchen hand-held vegetable spiralizer*. It’s cheap, easy to use and painless to clean. It comes with a little brush that lets you to easily get the vegetable bits off of the blades.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spiralize your carrots. Place into a medium sized bowl and set aside. In a small bowl mix oil, garlic, and onion powder. Add mix and cheese to carrots and toss until carrot noodles are evenly coated.
- Spread carrots across a baking sheet. Try to keep the carrots to a single, evenly spread out layer. The noodles can overlap a little but you don't want huge clumps. Roast for about 8-10 minutes or until carrots are cooked but still slightly crisp. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.