Chicken Caesar Salad in lettuce wrap form for weekly meal prep. They are served with a skinny homemade Caesar salad dressing and whole romaine lettuce leaves, so that they can be eaten taco-style.
I love lettuce wraps. It’s been an unusually hot July for San Diego and I’ve been a total wimp in this heat. Lettuce wraps are fun to eat and perfect for this summer heat.
These lettuce wraps are filled with slices of seared chicken tenders, cherry tomatoes, eggs, parmesan cheese and homemade caesar dressing. I skipped the croutons to keep this low carb and also substituted Greek yogurt for the egg yolks in the dressing. It still has all the flavors of a classic Caesar dressing, but it is also lighter and has a slight tangy flavor from the yogurt.
I poured dressing on all these containers, but it’s best to keep the dressing in a separate small sauce container and pour it on only when you’re right about to eat these. Similarly, I recommend adding the soft boiled eggs to ones you will be eating immediately and use hard-boiled eggs for ones you’re storing in the fridge.
The sides of the romaine lettuce leaves are slightly folded back so that you can see all the ingredients. When it’s time to eat, you can unfold them so that they are wide enough to hold all the food and you can also wrap the leaves on top of the ingredients as well.
Skinny Chicken Caesar Lettuce Wraps Meal Prep
- 1 lb chicken tenders grilled or seared and then sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 8 Romaine Heart leaves washed and patted dry
- 8 small cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 hard-boiled eggs sliced into quarters (see note)
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Skinny Caesar dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of black pepper
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into small containers to bring with your meal prep and store sauce in fridge.
- To assemble your lettuce wraps, fold back the sides of each of the leaves so they are not as wide and can more easily fit into your meal prep containers. I was able to fit 2 leaves into each meal prep container. Add 2 oz of chicken slices on top of each leaf. Add 4 tomato slices, 1 egg slice and 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese to each leaf. Seal containers and store in fridge. When ready to eat, drizzle top of leaves with dressing and pick up and eat taco-style.
- I use these Meal Prep Containers*
- I used soft boiled eggs for two of the meal prep containers in the photos as I was planning on eating them right away. If you plan on storing them in the fridge it is better to use hard-boiled eggs.
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I had a really savory caesar dressing at Waypoint Public that was so delicious. I think they went heavy on the anchovy and the parm (which is probably why I loved it so much). Have you seen anchovy paste at trader joes or is it more a specialty market type of item?
You can get anchovy paste at most supermarkets!