I’ve been craving roasted marshmallows and chocolate a lot lately. So I decided to do another take on a S’more mug cake.
This one takes a little more effort than my other mug cakes, but it’s also quite yummy.
There’s a graham cracker base, a chocolate cake in the middle, and roasted marshmallows on top.
For the chocolate, I melted some Kallari organic chocolates I was recently given to sample. The gourmet chocolates come in 70, 75 and 80% cacao, which is great because I love dark chocolate. I used the 70% for this recipe and kept the rest for eating. I love the leaf shape on each of the chocolate squares and the squares are small enough that I didn’t have to chop up the chocolate to melt it for the recipe. You can see what stores near you carry Kallari chocolates and they are also available online.
I don’t have a kitchen torch, so I put these in the oven for a few minutes to give the mini marshmallows that roasted look.
S'more Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp ground graham crackers
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp skim milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 18-20 mini marshmallows
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter into bottom of mug and press down with a spoon to pack it to the bottom of the mug.
- In a separate small bowl, place chocolate and 3 tbsp of milk. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until chocolate is melted. If chocolate is not completely melted, heat for another 15 seconds and stir again. Careful not to microwave more than 30 seconds at a time as the milk will bubble over. Add in flour, baking powder and whisk. Batter will be quite thick. Whisk in remaining 1 tbsp milk until batter is smooth. Pour into mug on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute. Top of cake should be dry and cake should look done. Top with mini marshmallows. If you have a kitchen torch, torch the marshmallows before eating. You can also roasted marshmallows in oven. Turn oven to 375°F and heat mug for about 5 minutes until marshmallow tops begin to turn light brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.