- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Combine all of the dough ingredients, and mix and knead them with the dough hook attachment on your mixer until you’ve made a smooth, somewhat sticky dough (I kneaded mine in the machine for 5 minutes).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and set it aside to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; it should have expanded somewhat, but won’t be wildly puffy.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, divide it in half. Working with the half dough, divide into 9 pieces. Roll the 9 pieces of dough between your palms until they are smooth round balls.
- Place balls into a 8 x 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat process with other half of dough, placing balls into another baking pan. Cover both pans with a proof cover or lightly greased plastic wrap, for about 90 minutes, until they look puffy, though not doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the rolls for 30 minutes, until lightly browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 190"F (I didn't bother with the instant read thermometer).
Recipe source: King Arthur Flour