Iced tea is combined with sparkling water for a light and refreshing summer drink. You can try out different types of teas as well. I made green tea, black tea and pomegranate tea versions.
Cherries were on sale this past week, which is one of the first things I look forward to in the summer. So now my mind is completely in summer mode. I really like making iced tea drink variations. So far I’ve done iced tea sangria and iced tea margaritas. Both involved alcohol, so this is a nice non-alcoholic version.
People always ask if I’m a tea drinker or a coffee drinker. I’m both! I start my day with coffee and end my day with tea.
These are so quick to put together and it’s not too much more effort to offer different flavored teas as well if you want something more colorful. I personally liked the fruit tea flavor the best because it goes so well with summer fruits.
Sparkling Iced Tea
- 3 cups freshly brewed tea flavor of your choice
- 3 cups sparkling water
- sugar or other sweetener to taste (see note)
- Stir together the tea, sparkling water and sweetener until everything is mixed and tea reaches your desired sweetness.
- Fill tall glasses with ice and pour in sparkling iced tea.
- I like to use simple syrup as a sweetener and it's really easy to make. Heat 8 ounces of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it's heated (it doesn't need to be boiling), add one cup of granulated sugar and stir. Once the sugar dissolves transfer the syrup to a container to cool. Store it in the refrigerator.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.