These low carb taco lettuce wraps make an easy and flavorful meal that can be prepared ahead of time for your weekly meals.
Continuing with my lettuce wraps obsessions, today I’m sharing taco lettuce wraps. It’s lighter and healthier than traditional tacos, but still delicious.
I used lean ground turkey for the meat and loaded the taco filling with black beans, corn and tomatoes. Mr. K then requested them for his weekly meal prep, so here it is. Just like my other lettuce meal prep recipes, it’s best to pack the filling and leaves separately in your meal prep containers. For these photos, I assembled all the lettuce wraps already.
Taco Lettuce Wraps Meal Prep
homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-oz) can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 large tomato diced
- finely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime sliced into small wedges
- 1 head of butter lettuce leaves washed
- Add all the taco seasoning ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add oil, garlic and onion. Bring pan to medium high heat. Stir and cook until onions are halfway done and aroma of the garlic has been released. Add in ground turkey and cook until almost completely cooked. Add in black beans, corn and tomatoes and cook until turkey is completely cooked. Lower heat to medium and stir in the taco seasoning a little at a time. For every 1 tbsp of seasoning, add in 1/4 cup water. Add in enough seasoning until it reaches your desired taste preference. Cook a few more minutes until everything is evenly coated in taco seasoning. Garnish with cilantro. Remove from heat.
- To prepare for meal prep, stack a few lettuce leaves on one side of your meal prep container. Add taco filling to the other side of your container. Add 1-2 lime wedges to each container. Seal containers and store in fridge. When ready to eat, remove stack of lettuce leaves and lime wedges and heat the filling. Squeeze lime juice over filling and spoon filling onto lettuce leaves to eat as a wrap.
- I use these Meal Prep Containers*
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.