1. My obsession with cute Korean cosmetics continues. I previously showed you some of the Tonymoly items I bought. After purchasing those, I found the adorable Etude House line of owl hand creams. They come in four different scents/colors. I wanted apple, but couldn’t find that one. Instead I bought the pink cherry one from a third party seller on Amazon. These tiny little containers are small enough to carry in your purse and I like the mild scent.
2. Perhaps because the weather was unusually warm this summer, my garden seems to be having a second bloom. Both my fig tree and blackberries have produced a second batch of fruit. My tiny tomato trees which just didn’t seem to want to grow, produced one lone tomato finally. And my passion fruit tree is finally flowering.
3. I’m currently reading From Scratch: The uncensored history of the Food Network and The Great Pepper Cookbook. The first one is pretty interesting, though I haven’t gotten too far yet. The second one is produced by Melissa’s Produce and I was able to get my hands on a complimentary copy at a recent PMA convention. It has some great looking recipes, and I love that they have a chart showing the level of heat of all the different peppers.
4. As many of you know, I love Tokidoki. They came out with some moofia characters that are really adorable and I’ve been slowly collecting them all. I previously collected some of the milk characters. My latest is the “yo” which is a yogurt character, which totally fits with my love for yogurt.
5. It’s still pretty surreal to know I have a published cookbook. I drag Mr. K to every Barnes & Noble bookstore we pass to see the book in-store. It’s amazing to me how widely available it is. Whenever I do a google search, I see it’s available practically everywhere online: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, etc. It’s also really cool to see it available overseas as well. And now, it’s also available on e-readers. I got a kindle edition, which is nice and convenient to have in the kitchen when I’m making a recipe from the book.
By the way, if you want to try to win a copy of my book, Quarry Spoon is currently doing a giveaway!
I’ve also got a $100 Amazon gift card giveaway still going on. If you haven’t entered, you still have some time!
I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!