- 2 cups packed freshly shredded raw zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup superfine almond flour you can use all purpose flour if you are not doing strict low carb
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add zucchini to a large bowl and let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water from zucchini bowl. Using a cheesecloth or several sturdy paper towels, add in 1/2 cup of zucchini into towel and wring dry. Repeat with remaining zucchini. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of zucchini remaining.
- Add zucchini, egg, cheese, pepper and flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Dump zucchini mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, thin and spread out the batter so that it forms a round crust approximately 9 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
Bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and both sides are cooked. Flip over crust and bake an additional 10 minutes until top is crispy. Flip pizza crust back over.
- Lower oven temperature to 400°F. Add whatever pizza ingredients you desire to your crust. I did a layer of marinara sauce, followed by fresh slices of mozzarella, sliced bell peppers and fresh basil leaves. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Recipe adapted from SkinnyMs.
- I use these cheesecloths* to wring dry the zucchini.
- Nutrition estimates are calculated using almond flour
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).