A creamy pumpkin curry sauce is tossed with zucchini noodles for a tasty meatless dish.
This dish combines two of my current obsessions: pumpkin and zucchini noodles. It’s light, easy and makes a great lunch.
I went a little pumpkin crazy this weekend. I shopped at Trader Joe’s and purchased nearly all of their pumpkin products. We also picked out our pumpkins to be carved. I’ve seen so many neighbors with their Halloween decorations up, so we need to catch up. One thing I am curious about though, are people really buying Christmas decorations? I’ve seen Christmas trees and decorations up at nearly every store since the beginning of October, but I don’t actually see anyone walking out with any Christmas decorations, just Halloween ones. But people must be buying them this early if they are already on the shelves right?
Personally, I’m not even thinking about Christmas yet. I’m still trying to figure out what design I want carved into my pumpkin this year. And what Halloween candy I’m going to buy. Kit Kats, Reese’s, and Twix are always a must-get for me. And usually some other kind of chocolate bar like Snickers, and a few fruit ones like Skittles and Sour Patch Kids. What are your favorite Halloween candies?
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Pumpkin Curry Sauce Zucchini Noodles
- 4 medium length zucchinis spiralized
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup broth vegetarian or chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a large skillet and bring to medium heat. Add zucchini and saute until just cooked. Drain out water and oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add pumpkin puree, broth and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth. Stir in curry, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour sauce into the skillet with the zucchini. Toss zucchini noodles in sauce and serve.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.