With the weather heating up and bbqs planned, one of the perfect side dishes to go with a meal is a cold potato salad. This recipe is one that my mom always makes and everyone in my family enjoys.
5 medium sized potatoes, diced into bite sized cubes
3 medium carrots, cut into bit sized slices
1 cup frozen peas
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 hard boiled eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1. Boil potatoes in a large pot until soft. Approximately 15-20 minutes. Add in carrots into boiling potato pot about five minutes before potatoes are done. Add in peas about one minute before potatoes and carrots are done.
2. Drain water from vegetables and let vegetables cool.
3. Put vegetables in a large bowl. Mix with mayonnaise.
4. Dice hard boiled eggs into very small pieces. Put into the potato mixture, stirring the egg yolks in with the mayonnaise.
5. Add in salt and pepper, mixing thoroughly.
6. Put potato salad in fridge to chill and serve after chilled.
* You can also add apples to the potato salad if you like. My grandmother loves the potato salad with apples. It adds a nice crunchy, sweet texture.