I’ve been craving brownies a lot recently. It didn’t help that I somehow screwed up making brownies with my Ghiradelli brownie mix. I don’t even know how I messed up. So I decided to make some brownies from scratch with an easy recipe.
I’m still searching for a recipe that is both chewy and fudgy. I’ve gotten a couple of suggestions and I plan on trying them out really soon. For these brownies, I used Hershey’s Best Brownies recipe. It was easy to follow and the brownies came out very fudgy but they weren’t very chewy.
I used a smaller baking pan than recommended so that I could get big fat brownies.
Hershey’s Best Brownies (recipe found on Hershey’s website)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. (I used an 7 inch one)
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.