When I was in high school, my mom made sure to always prepare a big breakfast before I had a test. She always emphasized how important it was to eat well.
This weekend is finals week at UCSD. My brothers have been busy studying away. On Saturday morning, I was awake early so I decided to make them these bacon egg toast cups which I had bookmarked. I love this idea of putting all the traditional breakfast items into one. You don’t even need a knife or fork to eat this with.
These are really easy to make too. It took me only a few minutes to make. Baby Bro and the BF really liked this. I’ll have to make them again soon.
Recipe: Bacon Egg Toast Cups
(adapted from Annie’s Eats)
- 4 slices of bacon 2 slices of bread 4 eggs salt and pepper to taste
- Using the top of a round glass that has an opening slightly bigger than a muffin mold, about 3.5 inches, cut circles from bread. You should be able to cut two circles per slice of bread.
- Grease four muffin molds. Place the bread on the bottom of each muffin mold. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cook bacon slices in a pan about 3 minutes or until halfway cooked. Place bacon slices around the edges of the muffin tin. To help them stay, you might want to tuck the ends underneath the slices of bread.
- Crack an egg and put in the middle of each muffin mold. You may want to leave out some of the egg white so that the yolk doesn’t overcook while waiting for the egg white to cook.
- Place muffin molds in the oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking and bacon is crisp. I like to leave the egg yolk a little runny.
- Use a knife around the edges to help lift cups from the muffin mold. Season with salt and pepper and serve while hot.