You only need two ingredients for these breakfast egg cups – bacon and eggs! Learn how to make them so you get crispy bacon and perfectly cooked eggs every time.
I love making creative breakfasts and breakfast egg cups are my newest obsession. I love the size and there are many variations depending on your tastes.
This is a really simple recipe and I love how they turned out. FH adores these, especially with a runny yolk. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make as many as you want depending on how many you are serving.
These are easy to make but for perfectly cooked bacon and eggs, here are my tips:
- Since the bacon cooks slower than the eggs, it’s good to use precooked bacon instead of raw bacon. That way it’s crispy and cooked through when the eggs are done.
- I buy precooked bacon at Costco, which is really convenient. If you can’t find it, you will need to cook your bacon first. Cook it until it is just cooked but still very soft and pliable and then let it cool until you can handle it.
- I use a standard 12 cup muffin pan and place one bacon strip inside each mold so it forms a ring inside.
- Crack one egg into each mold and then cook them in the oven for about 8 minutes for a runny yolk. If you prefer a firmer yolk add an extra minute or so to the cooking time.
- They are best warm from the oven.
I think this is my favorite version of these easy breakfast cups. They’re great as an easy quick breakfast but fun to serve for brunch, too.
More Quick and Easy Recipes
Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices precooked bacon (see note)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking oil spray.
- Place one strip of bacon inside each mold so that it forms a ring inside each mold.
- Break an egg into the center of each mold. Bake for about 8 minutes or until egg is cooked to the doneness of your liking. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.