Easy, creamy overnight oats are mixed with strawberries for a strawberries and cream flavored oatmeal. You can also prep these ahead of time for your weekly breakfast meal prep.
I’m so happy spring is here. My garden seems to have come to life overnight. The flowers are starting to bloom and I see little berries on my blueberry plant. And all of my favorite fruits will soon in be season again.
For the first time ever, we hired a gardener this year. And I don’t know why we never thought to do it before.
While we were pretty good at keeping the weeds away the first two years after we moved in, we couldn’t seem to do it last year and all the extra rain we had made them grow faster than normal.
We’d spend several hours and barely finished a small patch. The gardener came over and did our entire yard, front and back, in just a little over an hour. I couldn’t believe it. And he charged us a very reasonable price.
I’m really looking forward to adding new plants to my garden this year now that the weeds are gone. Maybe I’ll even attempt strawberries again.
I really love overnight outs and have made versions with pumpkin and chocolate. For these strawberry and cream oats, I used whole milk. It makes them extra creamy. And for a little something more, I added some whipped coconut cream on top.
You might like my baked oatmeal cups, too!
Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional, it will make the oats creamier
- 2 strawberries washed and chopped
- dollop of whipped coconut cream optional
- In a glass jar, add oats, milk, honey and chia seeds. Mix everything together with a spoon until combined. If desired, you can stir in the strawberries now, but I prefer to stir them in right before eating.
- Seal jar and store in refrigerator for at least a few hours, but preferably overnight. Top with chopped strawberries and whipped coconut cream right before eating. You can also prepare up to a week's worth ahead of time and store in the fridge. If you do prepare for several days ahead, then it is better to leave the fruit out of the oatmeal until the day of.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the whipped coconut cream.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.