These bacon egg toast cups combine three breakfast favorites into one portable breakfast dish. I you love eggs, bacon and toast you will love this easy egg cup recipe.
I know some people skip breakfast, but I’ve always been a breakfast eater because my mom always made sure we had something before leaving for school. Especially on test days. On those days she would make a big, hearty breakfast because she wanted to make sure my siblings and I ate well.
So, I love breakfast recipes and especially ones that are good for grab-and-go meals like these bacon egg toast cups. I made them recently for my brothers who have been studying for college finals. I love the idea of putting all the traditional breakfast items into one dish. You don’t even need a knife or fork to eat these breakfast cups – just grab one and head out.
These are really easy to make too. It took me only a few minutes to make a batch and Baby Bro and the BF really liked them. If you like eggs, bacon, and toast, I think you’ll like them, too.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of bread
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Using the top of a round glass that has an opening slightly bigger than a muffin mold, about 3.5 inches, cut circles from bread. You should be able to cut two circles per slice of bread.
Grease four muffin molds. Place the bread on the bottom of each muffin mold. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Cook bacon slices in a pan about 3 minutes or until halfway cooked. Place bacon slices around the edges of the muffin tin. To help them stay, you might want to tuck the ends underneath the slices of bread.
Crack an egg and put it in the middle of each muffin mold. You may want to leave out some of the egg white so that the yolk doesn’t overcook while waiting for the egg white to cook.
Place muffin molds in the oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking and bacon is crisp. I like to leave the egg yolk a little runny.
Use a knife around the edges to help lift cups from the muffin mold. Season with salt and pepper and serve while hot.
These bacon egg toast cups are a fun breakfast and I’ll definitely make them again. Baby bro has already requested another batch for next weekend!
More Recipes to Try
Bacon Egg Toast Cups
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease four slots in a muffin tin.
- Cut four circles out of the bread slices that will fit the bottom of the muffin molds. I used a glass to cut out ones that were approximately 3.5 inches. Place the bread rounds in the prepared muffin molds.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon slices over medium heat for about three minutes or until they are half-way cooked through. Line each muffin mold with the bacon, tucking the edges under the bread to hold the bacon in place. Crack an egg for each muffin mold. You might want to scoop out some of the egg white to ensure the egg cooks evenly.
- Bake the egg cups for 12 to 15 minutes or until the whites are set, the bacon is crispy, and the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- To remove the egg cups, run a knife around the edges to loosen them before lifting them out. Season them with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.