I’ve been on an oreo kick lately. After the oreo cupcakes, I began brainstorming of other oreo desserts I could make. One of my ideas was to make oreo brownies.
I didn’t want to just add oreos to the brownie batter. I wanted to sprinkle them on top. But with the dark color of the brownies, I didn’t think the oreo cookies would stand out enough. So even though I don’t usually frost my brownies, I decided to add some white chocolate ganache to them so that the oreo cookies would stand out more.
They didn’t come out as pretty as I wanted. Next time I think I’ll crush the oreos more and maybe use a different frosting. The brownies tasted good with the crunchy cookies and cream though.
Recipe: Oreo Brownies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 12 oreos, crushed into small pieces
- Make brownies according to instructions.
- After brownies are done, let them cool. While brownies are cooling, make the chocolate ganache. Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan until it reaches a boil.
- Pour heavy cream over chopped chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Frost the brownies with the chocolate ganache. Sprinkle with crushed oreos.