- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pumpkin Cheesecake Batter
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8" baking pan.
- For the Brownie batter: Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Then beat in eggs one at a time. Whisk flour and cocoa powder in small bowl, and then gradually stir into butter mixture by hand.
- For the Pumpkin cheesecake mixture: Soften cream cheese in microwave. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in remainder of ingredients until smooth.
- Spread about 2/3 of brownie batter into prepared pan. Drop dollops of the pumpkin batter over top, distributing evenly. Drop the remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. To make the swirls, run a butter knife back and forth through the pan, making figure eights.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Perry's Plate