I’ve found a new love.
These cookies may look very plain and simple, but I am absolutely addicted to the taste.
Sure, I’ve had shortbread cookies before. But this is my favorite recipe by far. The cookies are crunchy on the outside, and once they hit your tongue, the crumbs almost melt in your mouth. They remind me a bit of the Danish butter cookies I love so much.
The cookies dough is easy to make. It does need a little refrigeration to firm up the dough. And then they are ready to go in the oven.
|Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies||
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar together on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is very smooth. Beat in vanilla, then reduce mixer speed to low and add flour, mixing only until it disappears into the dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a large spoon or spatula.
- Gather dough and place in between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough into a rectangle shape that’s 1/4 inch thick.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours (I transferred the parchment paper and dough onto a cookie sheet for support and stuck it in the fridge so that the dough would not break/bend).
- After dough is firm, preheat the oven to 325°F. Cut the dough into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until they turn golden brown around the edges. Makes about 3 dozen.