Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Crunchy, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies studded with chocolate chips. This is an easy cookie recipe that is also one of my favorites. The cookies keep well making them perfect for gifting too.
It’s my favorite time of year: cookie season! And today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite cookie recipes. These cookies may look very basic, but they are so darn good. The exterior of the cookie is crunchy and then the buttery shortbread just melts in your mouth. They go well especially well with a cup of coffee or tea.
How to make Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- The dough is made in a stand mixer. It is then rolled out between two sheets of parchment paper and chilled in the fridge until firm.
- You must chill the dough before attempting to cut it. When the dough is firm, it is sliced into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake about 18-20 minutes or until edges turn a light golden brown.
- Let cookies cool before eating. Cookies should be stored in an airtight container. Cookies can keep for several days at room temperature.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
If you enjoy this cookie recipe, I also have a chocolate version and nutella version.
- 8 oz unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is very smooth.
Mix in vanilla until it is completely incorporated.
Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour, mixing just until it disappears into the dough.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Gather dough and place in between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough into a rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick.
Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
After dough is firm, preheat the oven to 325°F. Cut the dough into 1 1/2-inch squares and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing cookies 3/4 inch apart.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until they turn golden brown around the edges.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
- Recipe adapted from Use Real Butter
- Cookies should be stored in airtight container at room temperature.