Jetlag from my vacation has left me pretty tired the last few days. I haven’t had much energy for cooking, but the other night, I mustered enough energy to make these puffs since they are so easy to make.

After making my pepperoni pizza puffs, a lot of people left me comments with variations that they made on the fillings. I really enjoyed reading all the variations and decided to try a variation myself. I had both bacon and chives in the house and I love the taste of both so I decided to make some bacon chive puffs.

I had Costco precooked bacon and shredded cheese in my fridge, making these easy peasy. So easy, even someone functioning on just a few hours of sleep can make these.

Print Print Save Save

Bacon Chive Puffs

Yield: 20 mini puffs

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cook Time: 15 mins

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
1/3 cup precooked bacon, chopped into small pieces
3 tablespoons of chives, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg until batter is lump free. Stir in cheese, chives, and bacon. Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups about 2/3 full.

3. Bake in an oven for 15-17 minutes, until breads puff up and turn a golden brown.

7 Responses to “Bacon Chive Puffs”

1. Paula — September 28, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I enjoy this new variation!!! And, of course, always with the muffin and mini-muffin pans!!!

• Kirbie replied: — September 28th, 2011 @ 1:27 pm

I have a lot more mini muffin recipes planned!

2. donations for children — September 28, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Wow i am loving it.I am very much crazy about the Bacon Chive Puffs.I like your sweet and wonderful decoration of it.

3. caninecologne — September 30, 2011 at 6:15 pm

hi kirbie
    these are next on my list of stuff to make. just want to tell you that the girls did a great job with the pepperoni pizza puffs. everyone loved it! this recipe looks like it will be just as possible, especially if the bacon is precooked .

• Kirbie replied: — October 2nd, 2011 @ 1:11 am

Oh that’s so great to hear! Yes the bacon ones are pretty easy too. I love using the Costco precooked bacon. I still cook it a little more since I like my bacon very crispy. But yeah, raw bacon isn’t as fun to handle or cook for me.

4. Beth Michelle — October 1, 2011 at 6:02 am

Oooo these sound so perfect!

5. Beatrice Dalton — January 18, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I am so glad after see my recipes which is Bacon Chive Puffs in recipe of the week. These are really easy to make and very testy to eat. Its shape is very nice.