Jetlag from my vacation has left me pretty tired the last few days. I haven’t had much energy for cooking, but the other night, I mustered enough energy to make these puffs since they are so easy to make.
After making my pepperoni pizza puffs, a lot of people left me comments with variations that they made on the fillings. I really enjoyed reading all the variations and decided to try a variation myself. I had both bacon and chives in the house and I love the taste of both so I decided to make some bacon chive puffs.
I had Costco precooked bacon and shredded cheese in my fridge, making these easy peasy. So easy, even someone functioning on just a few hours of sleep can make these.
Bacon Chive Puffs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup precooked bacon chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbsp chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg until batter is lump-free. Stir in cheese, chives, and bacon. Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in an oven for 15-17 minutes, until breads puff up and turn a golden brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.