Okay I’m not really good at coming up with creative names for desserts. Everything I thought of for these just sounded super cheesy.
But whatever I should have called them, these cookies are really good. The two cookies I’ve been craving the most lately are Nutella cookies and Cookies and Cream cookies. So I decided to combine them, satisfying both cravings at once. It was definitely the right decision.
These cookies came out fudgy, chewy, and delicious. I’ve been eating them all week. I’ll have to make another batch soon.
Double Nutella Oreo Cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
8 oreo cookies, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8 x8 baking pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until dough is formed.
3. Remove half the dough and set aside. Add crushed oreos into the dough remaining in the mixer and mix until oreo cookies are mixed throughout the dough. Remove cookies and cream dough and set aside.
4. Put back in remaining dough and add in 1/2 cup Nutella. Mix on medium speed until Nutella is completely mixed into the dough. Put dough into baking pan. Press down and spread until it evenly covers surface of pan. Place cookies and cream dough on top and do the same.
5. Bake about 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top begins to turn golden. Cool before cutting and serving.