Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup confectioner’ s sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and stir with a whisk to combine. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread the batter in an even layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean (they won't look done so do the toothpick test). Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, stir together sugar and milk in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. If the frosting is too thick add a little more milk to thin it. If too thin, add more sugar. You can add a couple of drops of food coloring for different colored glazes.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything