Three-ingredient cookies and cream bars are a quick and easy no-bake dessert bar recipe. They only take about 15 minutes from start to finish and great when you need a fast dessert. If you love cookies and cream you will love this recipe.
My Oreo kick continues with these no-bake cookies and cream dessert bars. They are so easy to make. If you’ve ever made rice krispies treats these are made in a similar way with melted marshmallows and butter. You only need three ingredients!
I love to use Oreo cookies to make different kinds of desserts. I’ve used them to make Oreo cheesecake, cookies and cream mug cakes, and even Oreo cookie cookies. It might seem weird, but I actually prefer to use them in baking instead of just eating them as-is from the package. They are really fun to experiment with and these no-bake dessert bars are a fun way to use them.
- 1 (16-ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 5 cups large marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Line a 8×8” baking dish with foil. Leave some excess hanging over the edges and it will make it easy to lift the bars out in one piece before you slice them.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse them a few times to break them down into small chunks. If you don’t have a food processor, you can place them in a bag and pound them with rolling pin to break them down, too.
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave them for one minute. If they aren’t completely melted cook them for another 30 seconds.
Once the marshmallows and butter are melted add the crushed Oreos and stir until combined. Press the mixture into the baking pan into an even layer.
It should only take 10 to 15 minutes for the bars to set. Once set you can remove them from the pan and slice them. Store them at room temperature in an airtight container. They will keep well for a day or two.
This is the easiest recipe ever and it only takes about 15 minutes to make them from start to finish. The hardest part is waiting for them to set. I could barely wait for these cookie bars to settle and cool before digging in.
Cookies and Cream Bars
- 1 (16-oz) package Oreos
- 5 cups large marshmallows
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Line a 8x8-inch baking pan with tin foil.
- Place the cookies in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the cookies are broken down into small chunks.
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook them for one minute. If they aren’t fully melted cook them for another 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed Oreos to the melted marshmallow and stir until combined. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and smooth into an even layer. Let it rest for ten minutes or until set. Slice into bars and serve.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.