These Nutella rice krispies treats are a no-bake dessert bar that are so easy to make. They’re like traditional rice krispies treats, but flavored with rich and chocolaty Nutella and you don’t have to turn on the stove to make them!
Continuing on my quest to put Nutella in just about everything, I recently made these Nutella rice krispies treats. I got the idea after making my Nutella Crack Brownies because the top layer of rice cereal reminded me of rice krispies treats.
Did you like rice krispies treats growing up? Well, these are just like those classic dessert bars but they are made with Nutella and marshmallows giving them a chocolate and hazelnut flavor. The best part is you don’t have to turn on the stove to make them.
How to Make Nutella Rice Krispies Treats
For these rice krispies treats you only need four ingredients:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 (10-oz) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2/3 cup Nutella
A lot of rice krispies treats recipes instruct you to melt the butter and marshmallows in a pot on the stove, but you don’t have to do that! I just melt them together in the microwave – it’s so much easier and faster. I seem to crave rice krispies treats during the summer and I love that I don’t have to turn on the stove and heat up the kitchen.
Once the marshmallows and butter are melted you just add the cereal and Nutella and stir the cereal until it is coated evenly. It’s a good idea to work fast because the mixture will be pretty sticky.
Press the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and leave it at room temperature until the rice krispies treats are cooled and set. Then just slice and serve.
Looking for more no-bake desserts? Be sure to check out my recipe round-up of No Bake Desserts!
Nutella Rice Krispies Treat
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 (10-oz) bag regular marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large glass bowl by sticking them in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Once you remove from microwave, begin to stir immediately with a large spoon to mix the marshmallows with the butter. Once it is is mixed, pour in the rice krispies. Stir until the rice krispies are evenly coated.
- Add in the Nutella and stir until rice krispies are evenly coated with nutella.
- Place the rice krispies into a 9 x 11 baking pan, pressing down to evenly distribute the treats across the pan. Let the rice krispies cool and set before cutting and serving.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.