I’ve made many, many Nutella cookie variations and here is my latest one: Soft Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I took my favorite soft chocolate chip cookie recipe and adapted it to incorporate Nutella. The cookies came out soft and slightly fudgy. The cookies are really good, though the Nutella flavor is really light. The Nutella causes the middle of the cookies to have a little fudginess. They also stay soft for a really long time thanks to the pudding mix.
I’d make these again, though I might swirl some Nutella directly into the dough next time for a more intense Nutella flavor.
Soft Nutella Chocolate Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and fluffy.
3. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in the eggs, Nutella and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour mixture at low speed. Stir in the chocolate chips, until fully incorporated into the dough.
5. Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat mats, spacing dough balls about 2 inches apart..
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets before removing.