These cookies and cream cookies stay soft and fluffy for days, making them a perfect gift for the holidays.
For my holiday baking, I like to make cookie recipes that store well, especially since many of my friends and family won’t receive the cookies right away.
For years, I’ve made these soft chocolate chip cookies that use pudding mix to help maintain a fluffy texture. My siblings like to joke that the cookies will never go hard and if we were to bury them and dig them up a decade later they would still be soft.
This idea came about when some accidentally were forgotten and found a few months later, still feeling very soft (Don’t worry, no one actually ate them!).
While grocery shopping the other day, I saw cookies and cream flavored pudding mix. And I just knew I had to make it into some soft cookies and cream cookies.
These cookies came out just perfect. I love how creamy they are from the crushed Oreo and cookies and cream pudding mix. The cookies have a winter look to them as well which I really enjoy.
Soft Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3.4 oz instant cookies and cream pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Oreos crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda and set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Mix in the vanilla and eggs until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix on low speed until the dough comes together. Mix in crushed Oreos.
- Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 inch in diameter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until edges turn golden brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.