These soft Nutella cookies are studded with chocolate chips and bake up nice and soft. They’re made with pudding mix which gives them a soft texture that lasts for days. They keep well, have a hint of Nutella, and are an easy cookie to make.
When it comes to cookies choosing a single favorite recipe is pretty much impossible, but my soft chocolate chip cookies recipe is definitely at the top of the list. It’s one of those recipes that’s fun to do variations of like these soft Nutella cookies I’m sharing today.
So, for these cookies, I played around with the recipe and added some Nutella. At first bite, you might think they’re regular soft chocolate chip cookies, but then you get that a hint of the chocolate-hazelnut flavor from the Nutella.
The other special ingredient is the pudding mix which you add right to the dough. Chocolate chip cookies with vanilla pudding cookies bake up nice and soft and stay that way for days.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Room-temperature butter
- Light brown sugar
- White sugar
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
This recipe is pretty standard with a couple of exceptions. First, instant pudding mix is added to the batter. The pudding mix adds vanilla flavor, but mostly it’s what gives the cookies their soft texture.
And, of course, there is Nutella in the batter, too. The flavor is subtle once the cookies are baked and they are still very similar to regular chocolate chip cookies. If you’re looking for a cookie with a very strong Nutella flavor you might like my Soft Nutella Chocolate Cookies.
Once the cookie dough is made the cookies bake up in about 10 minutes.
How to Make Them
Sift the flour and baking soda in a medium bowl and then set it aside.
Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the instant pudding mix and mix to combine. Beat in the eggs, Nutella, and vanilla.
On a low mixer speed, slowly add the flour and then mix in the chocolate chips.
Form the dough into 1 ½” balls and place them two inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake them for 10 minutes and then cool them on the sheets before removing them.
I really love how these chocolate chip pudding cookies turned out. Soft, sweet and they keep well for several days at room temperature.
More Pudding Cookie Recipes
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Soft Nutella Chocolate Cookies
- Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Soft Nutella Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and fluffy. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in the eggs, Nutella and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture at low speed. Stir in the chocolate chips, until fully incorporated into the dough.
- Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat mats, spacing dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets before removing.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.