Chocolate chip pudding cookies are tender and soft and stay that way for days after you make them. The dough is made with instant pudding mix, which gives the cookies a wonderfully soft texture. If you love soft chocolate chip cookies you have to try this recipe.
One of my favorite cookies to make is chocolate chip pudding cookies. They have a really soft texture from vanilla pudding mix that is in the dough.
They are great for gifting because they keep their soft texture for days. I make them all year round and often give away batches to our neighbors, friends, and family.
I have a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes, but I’ve been making this version for a long time. Long before I started blogging and trying out so many different recipes. I always come back to them because they’re easy, delicious, and keep so well.
For these cookies, dry vanilla pudding mix is added to the dough. The ingredients in the mix give the cookies flavor, but it’s the cornstarch in the mix that gives them a really soft texture. Other soft cookies sometimes harden after a day or so, but with these pudding cookies, they stay soft for a really long time.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Softened unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
Sift the flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the dry pudding mix and then stir in the eggs and vanilla.
Add the flour to the butter mixture and, once blended, stir in the chocolate chips.
Make 1-inch cookie balls and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F or until the edges are golden brown.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4-oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. (I usually soften butter in microwave first.)
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, trying to spread evenly through cookie dough.
- Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 inch in diameter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.