The season is definitely here for pumpkin and spices. I’ve been seeing pumpkin recipes everywhere, and searches on my old pumpkin recipes posts have been quite popular lately.
I love pumpkin. I also love how versatile it is. It always amazes me how many different ways I see pumpkin used in different dishes and baked goods. Last year, I baked up quite a storm of pumpkin recipes. I plan on doing it again this year. I plan on making some new recipes as well as some old favorites.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies was one of my favorites last year. It’s been so long since I’ve eaten these, I forgot how good they are! These are cake type cookies, but they are better than most cake cookies. They are pillowy soft. The cookies puffed up quite a lot and when you break into one, you see just how soft and fluffy these cookies are.
If you like these pumpkin cookies you might like my soft sugar cookies, too.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl . In a separate bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take large tablespoons full of dough and attempt to smooth and shape before dropping onto cookie sheet. The cookies dough should be round and flat and smoothe, resembling close to the finished baked product.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. The cookie dough should be almost the same size and shape as the finished cookies as the batter does not spread much.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.