- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl . In a separate bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take large tablespoons full of dough and attempt to smooth and shape before dropping onto cookie sheet. The cookies dough should be round and flat and smoothe, resembling close to the finished baked product.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. The cookie dough should be almost the same size and shape as the finished cookies as the batter does not spread much.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes