I’m officially in serious pumpkin baking mode. I’m just trying to find enough time to try recipes I’ve bookmarked, remake old favorites and create some new ones of my own.
I have a pumpkin cookie recipe I absolutely adore but I’ve been on the search for a chewy pumpkin cookie recipe. I came across this one a few days ago and decided to give it a try.
These cookies were pretty good. They had a nice flavor and texture. It wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, so my search continues, but it’s worth making at least once.
I studded them with the Fall color milk chocolate M&M’s. You can view the full recipe on Leelalicious. If anyone has a favorite chewy pumpkin cookie recipe for me to try out, please let me know!
Chewy Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- M&Ms for the tops of the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin puree in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, wheat gluten (if using), sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Because the dough is sticky refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Form dough into 16 cookies and flatten them into a round shape (they won't spread much in the oven) and place them on the baking sheet. Press a few M&Ms into the top of each cookie. I used about five candies per cookie. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a baking rack to cool completely.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.