- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- M&Ms for the tops of the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin puree in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, wheat gluten (if using), sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Because the dough is sticky refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Form dough into 16 cookies and flatten them into a round shape (they won't spread much in the oven) and place them on the baking sheet. Press a few M&Ms into the top of each cookie. I used about five candies per cookie. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a baking rack to cool completely.
Recipe lightly adapted from Leelalicious