This pumpkin cookie cooks in a mug in the microwave. It’s full of melty chocolate chips and an easy treat when you’re craving a fall treat.
This single-serving microwave cookie is ready in just a few minutes. As an added bonus, it’s also egg-free! You mix everything in a mug, put it on a plate, and cook it for less than 1 minute for a soft pumpkin spice cookie. You can leave it in the mug, too, but I like to hold and eat my cookies the traditional way.
I’ve had really low energy lately. I think it’s the change in the weather. The shorter days, gloomier and colder weather, etc. So, I haven’t had much desire for full-on baking projects like making big batches of pumpkin cookies, which is why my mug cakes come in so handy.
This microwave pumpkin chocolate chip cookie is so easy and quick – it’s perfect when you want something fast.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Melted butter
- Ground cinnamon
- Chocolate chips
How to Make a Pumpkin Cookie in a Mug
Whisk the flour, sugar, pumpkin, butter, and cinnamon in an oversized mug. Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
Line a microwave-safe plate with parchment paper. Scoop the cookie dough out of the mug and place it on the plate. Shape the dough into a cookie shape. Place the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
Microwave the cookie for about 50 seconds and then let it cool for a few minutes before eating it.
The cookie is soft and cakey, as most pumpkin cookies are. I highly recommend having the chocolate chips in there. The first version I did only had a smattering of chips on top (this last photo) and not in the actual batter, and the batter just really felt like it was missing something.
So after gobbling up that cookie, I made a second one chock full of chocolate chips (second photo), and while the shade of the cookie was a little darker, the melty chips made it taste so much better.
If you like recipes like this pumpkin cookie in a mug, check out my new book* of nearly 100 microwave recipes! It’s available online, in-store, e-readers, and internationally too! Or try a few of my other recipes here on the blog.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
More Microwave Cookie Recipes
Microwave Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/8 tsp + 1/16 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 heaping tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips into an oversized mug and mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Line a large round plate with parchment paper. Dump cookie batter onto plate. Batter will be quite sticky. Try your best to shape it into a round disc (like photo above). Add remaining chocolate chips on the surface.
- Cook in microwave for about 50 seconds (careful not to overcook because just a few seconds can overcook the cookie). Let cookie cool for a few minutes before eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.