I am in love with the single serving cookies I’ve been creating, especially the birthday cake cookie.
This time though, I decided to play around with a microwave version.
You can make the dough in about 2-3 minutes. Then it cooks in the microwave in just 50 seconds. And it’s ready!
Because we’re working with a microwave, there are certain sacrifices made. It doesn’t come out as perfectly round, and it doesn’t brown or get crispy around the edges like the oven version, but it’s fast and easy and still yummy. The cookie comes out soft and sugary and full of delicious Spring and Easter colored sprinkles.
You can also cook this in a mug, and make it a mug cake cookie, but I prefer mixing the ingredients in a mug and then cooking it on parchment paper so that you can get the traditional cookie shape.
Microwave Sprinkles Sugar Cookie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp whisked egg
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Combine all ingredients except sprinkles into a mug or small bowl, mixing with a small whisk until a smooth dough forms. Stir in half of the sprinkles.
- Line a medium-sized microwave-safe plate with parchment paper. Scrape out dough into the middle of the parchment paper. Shape dough to resemble a cookie shape (like a thick round disc).
- Add remaining sprinkles to surface of the cookie. Microwave for approximately 50 seconds. You cookie might be done slightly sooner, but I don't recommend more than 50 seconds as it will turn the cookie hard and brittle. Cookie is best consumed right away.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.