These microwave pumpkin cookies only take five minutes to make from start to finish. This recipe makes one large cookie or two smaller ones. It’s perfect when you’re craving a cookie but don’t want to make a whole batch.
After discovering the 5 minute chocolate chip cookie, of course I had to make a microwave pumpkin cookie!
I knew from the start that this would be difficult. It’s hard enough baking pumpkin cookies in general. The kind I’ve had success with are the fluffy cakey pumpkin cookies. I love the fluffy pumpkin cookies, but I also didn’t want to make a cakey cookie for the 5 minute pumpkin cookie.
So, I didn’t add any rising agents to the recipe. I also knew that the pumpkin would make the cookie too moist to develop a crunchy cookie.
The end result was pretty much what I had hoped for and expected. It’s not a cakey cookie, but not quite a hard crunchy cookie. It’s somewhere in between. It’s not my favorite of the 5-minute cookies I’ve made, but it’s still good.
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Egg yolk
- Chocolate chips
Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl for about 20 seconds in the microwave.
Add all of the other ingredients and stir until the dough comes together. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Take the dough and shape it into a cookie. Place it on a microwave-safe plate lined with parchment paper. Cook it for 50 to 55 seconds. When it’s done it will be very delicate so let it cool so it can firm up.
If you want to make two small cookies divide the dough in half and cook them separately for 35 to 40 seconds.
I was pleased with how these turned out. I love the pretty golden yellow color and they taste of pumpkin and spices. Two pretty cookies ready in a matter of minutes. You can even share if you want. =)
More Microwave Cookies
5 Minute Pumpkin Cookie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Melt butter for 20 seconds in a small bowl or mug. Add in sugar, egg yolk, pumpkin, cinnamon and flour. Mix with a fork until dough comes together. Add in the chocolate chips and mix into the dough.
- Shape the dough into shape of a cookie. Place on plate lined with parchment paper. Microwave for 50 -55 seconds. Cookie should looked cooked but may still be delicate/falls apart easily. Let cookie cool and firm up before eating. This makes one large cookie or you can split dough in half and make two smaller cookies. Microwave each separately, for about 35-40 seconds.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.