I am excited to share this recipe with you today! I didn’t think it was possible to make a cookie in the microwave and have it actually have the texture of a real cookie, but it’s possible!
I came across a recipe for chocolate chip cookie in a mug. You know how much I love my mug recipes. I didn’t have too high hopes. I had tried other cookie in a mug recipes before, but they never satisfied my cravings for a real cookie. But I decided to try it out, and I was surprised when a solid cookie popped out.
Not a cakey cookie or a slightly-denser-than-cake-so-we’ll-call-it-a-cookie type of cookie. But a genuine cookie. With crunch and all. The only issue I had was that when I made it in the mug, it looked quite ugly because I wasn’t able to shape the cookie. Also it was hard to get the cookie to pop out in one piece. Mine crumbled in several pieces.
So after gobbling up my first attempt, I immediately did it again. This time though, I opted to not make it in a mug. I mixed the ingredients with a fork in a small bowl. Once the dough came together, I grabbed the dough and formed a cookie shape. Then I put it on a piece of paper towel on top of small plate and popped it into the microwave. And out came a perfectly formed cookie.
Give the cookie a little time to cool so it gets the crunchy texture, but after a few minutes you have an honest to goodness delicious cookie that satisfies chocolate chip cookie cravings.
More microwave cookie recipes:
5 Minute Cookie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp whisked egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Melt in microwave for about 40 seconds (for cold butter) or until completely melted.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix with a small whisk until dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press dough evenly across the bottom of the mug. Or, if you want to make a traditional cookie, scoop the batter out of the mug and form it into a cookie shape (round thick disc) on a microwave-safe plate lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in microwave for about 50 seconds. Let cookie cool a few minutes to firm up. Then eat immediately. Please note, cookie must be eaten immediately or it will dry out and harden after a while.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.