This recipe is perfect for those days when you just want one cookie.
I made one deliciously big and festive cookie today. It’s crispy around the edges, soft on the inside, and full of brightly colored sprinkles that remind me of birthday cakes.
I was looking at my list of recent posts earlier today and realized I didn’t have a single sweet recipe post this week! I don’t think that’s ever happened before. And so I had to get one in before the week was over. So I quickly whipped up this giant cookie.
It came out perfectly on the first try. Round, big, with sprinkles galore. I couldn’t wait to bite in. There’s something so thrilling about having a single giant cookie to yourself. Or if you are in the mood for sharing, it’s big enough for two!
Single Serving Giant Birthday Cake Sprinkles Cookie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp whisked egg
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except sprinkles and mix until a smooth batter forms. Stir in half of the sprinkles.
- Carefully scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (remember to leave plenty of room from the edges of the baking sheet as the cookie spread a lot during baking). Dough will be very sticky. Try your best to get it as one lump onto the baking sheet. Then wash your hands, do a quick dry, and then shape the cookie. With your hands clean and slightly moistened it should be much easier to shape the cookie to resemble a round disc. Slowly add the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges turn a golden brown and the middle is set but still soft. Let cookie cool for a few minutes before attempting to remove from cookie sheet. Cookie is best eaten while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.