This recipe is perfect for those days when you just want one cookie.
I made one deliciously big and festive cookie today. It’s crispy around the edges, soft on the inside, and full of brightly colored sprinkles that remind me of birthday cakes.
I was looking at my list of recent posts earlier today and realized I didn’t have a single sweet recipe post this week! I don’t think that’s ever happened before. And so I had to get one in before the week was over. So I quickly whipped up this giant cookie.
It came out perfectly on the first try. Round, big, with sprinkles galore. I couldn’t wait to bite in. There’s something so thrilling about having a single giant cookie to yourself. Or if you are in the mood for sharing, it’s big enough for two!
You might like my Nutella Cookie for One, too!
Single Serving Giant Birthday Cake Sprinkles Cookie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp whisked egg
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except sprinkles and mix until a smooth batter forms. Stir in half of the sprinkles.
- Carefully scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (remember to leave plenty of room from the edges of the baking sheet as the cookie spread a lot during baking). Dough will be very sticky. Try your best to get it as one lump onto the baking sheet. Then wash your hands, do a quick dry, and then shape the cookie. With your hands clean and slightly moistened it should be much easier to shape the cookie to resemble a round disc. Slowly add the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges turn a golden brown and the middle is set but still soft. Let cookie cool for a few minutes before attempting to remove from cookie sheet. Cookie is best eaten while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.