Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ginger Spice Cookies

My holiday baking is never complete without a few variations of ginger cookies.

DH requested I make some soft ginger cookies for the start of my holiday cookie baking. He was on this ginger kick, wanting to buy gingerbread cookies from the bakery, ginger lattes at the coffee shops.

Of course the minute I made the cookies, he wasn’t in the mood for ginger anymore. Sigh. Luckily these didn’t go to waste. I made sure most of them went to good homes. That is, the ones that didn’t end up in my stomach.

To tell you the truth, I haven’t yet found my ultimate ginger cookie recipe, so I’ve been trying new ones each year.

This particular recipe was really easy to make. My cookies didn’t spread as much as I think they were supposed to. They came out thick, soft, and a little bit chewy. They were quite good, with a strong taste of ginger.  It’s still not my ultimate recipe though, so my search continues.

You can view the recipe for these ginger cookies on Splash of Something.

6 Responses to “Ginger Spice Cookies”

Jinxi — December 6, 2012 @ 11:47 pm

Oo I’ll definitely be trying this. My mom has been requesting ginger desserts when I go home to visit :P

• Kirbie replied: — December 7th, 2012 @ 12:06 am

These are really easy to make and have a good, strong ginger taste. Hope your family likes them!

Tina — December 7, 2012 @ 10:24 am

These look awesome! Like gingery snickerdoodles :D

• Kirbie replied: — December 7th, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

Haha, yeah they do remind me of snickerdoodles!

Laura Dembowski — December 10, 2012 @ 8:44 am

I just looked at the original post for the recipe and think yours look so much better. I love how soft and puffy they look.

• Kirbie replied: — December 10th, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Aw thanks! I was concerned they were too puffy and I’m not sure why mine are puffy. But they still tasted good!