Pecan praline cookies are an eggless cookie recipe that are easy to make. They have a crunchy texture and a buttery and lightly sweet flavor. Each cookie has a pecan pressed into the center for a simple decoration.
I love easy cookie recipes and these pecan pralines are a new favorite. They are buttery and lightly sweet with a crunchy texture and they are so easy to make. I was able to make a batch before catching a flight home to visit my parents. Usually, when I go home, I bake my parents some desserts that I think they might like and I thought they would love these pralines.
What are pecan praline cookies?
Pecans are a popular ingredient in southern cooking and are used to make all kinds of desserts like pecan pie, pecan brittle, ice cream and cookies like these pecan praline cookies I’m sharing. A lot of people make these cookies during the Christmas holiday.
You only need six ingredients to make these pecan cookies and the dough is easy to make. These pecan pralines are eggless cookies, which makes them a great choice if you bake for someone with egg allergies.
- Softened unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Pecan halves
How to Make Pecan Praline Cookies
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add the flour and salt and stir to combine.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Form the dough into 1” balls. Place them on a baking sheet and lightly press a pecan half into the center of each.
- Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes at 350°F.
I love the crunchy and buttery texture of these cookies and my parents loved them, too. I think I’ll make them again for the holidays along with some of my other favorite cookie recipes. If you’re looking for some ideas be sure to check out some more of my favorite recipes:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Mix well. Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Form dough into 1-inch diameter round balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each ball. Press down lightly. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.