Monday, February 18, 2013

Roseville Cozinha

Roseville Cozinha has been on my to-do list after reading Kirk’s post and seeing photos on my Instagram feed. The new restaurant located in Liberty Station is a fish to fork eatery inspired by the Portuguese and Italian fishing immigrants.

Salt Cod Fritters
arugula & lemon aioli

The fritters were quite tasty. The inside stuffing reminded me of mashed potatoes with bits of cod. They were a tad too salty, but the arugula helped balance out the salt. I also enjoyed the lemon aioli sauce.

Margarita pizza
fresh mozzarella, tomato, evoo, sweet basil & sea salt

The restaurant has a wood fire oven pizza so we were definitely curious to try the pizzas. The pizza crust needed a little bit longer in the oven in my opinion as it was mostly soft and not yet crunchy. Even the appearance appeared too pale. We enjoyed the tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella, I just wish the dough was a bit crisper.

Cioppino
local fish, shrimp, scallops, mussels & clams

This was quite hearty; perfect for a cold day. The broth has a little bit of a spicy kick and it’s filled with various seafood. The grilled bread tasted great dipped in the broth.

Broccolini
chiles, garlic & red wine vinegar

Sauteed broccolini with bits of hot red pepper. This was simple but tasty.

The servers and owner were quite friendly, some of the nicest we’ve come across in a while. While it wasn’t a spectacular meal, we had a nice time here and want to explore more of the menu. You can find the full menu here. I also took pictures of the happy hour and dessert menu.

Roseville Cozinha
2750 Dewey Rd. #104
San Diego, CA 92106
Roseville Cozinha on Urbanspoon

6 Responses to “Roseville Cozinha”

Jinxi — February 19, 2013 @ 12:04 am

Mm that cioppino looks tasty. I’ve been missing San Francisco and cioppino lately!

• Kirbie replied: — February 19th, 2013 @ 9:23 am

You know I’ve never had cioppino in SF! I was thinking that when I ordered this. I don’t go up to SF much and when I go with my family we always end up eating in Chinatown or something. The last few times I’ve gone with DH, and we try to do all the touristy SF stuff, though we haven’t yet had a chance to do the bread bowls and cioppino. Will have to do it soon.

Kirk — February 19, 2013 @ 7:06 am

Hey Kirbie – I’m glad you got a chacne to check out Roseville. The Missus enjoys the cioppino here. I’m not the biggest fan of thep izza’s but love the way they grill the bread.

• Kirbie replied: — February 19th, 2013 @ 9:25 am

I was a little disappointed with the pizzas. I don’t think it helped that we ate at Pizza Mozza the night before. But I like the grilled bread too.

caninecologne — February 19, 2013 @ 8:00 pm

i’ve been wanting to try this place as well and totally forgot about it during our recent trip to liberty station (we went to ikuru instead). i want to try those bacalao fritters!

• Kirbie replied: — February 20th, 2013 @ 9:20 am

I’ve made so many trips to Liberty Station lately, heh. The people here were really nice. I want to try out some more of the starters and entrees.