Honey Garlic Salmon
Honey Garlic salmon is a quick, easy and delicious meal ready in about 30 minutes. Salmon fillets are pan seared and then glazed with a flavorful honey garlic sauce that is sweet, savory, and spicy.
The honey garlic sauce I created for honey garlic chicken and honey garlic cauliflower is one of my favorite sauces to make. It’s just so flavorful and goes well with everything. Recently, I made a modified version of the sauce to use as a glaze on salmon. It turned plain old salmon into something quite wonderful
I was scraping off every last bit of sauce from my plate. I’ll definitely be making this more often!
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 4 (4 oz) salmon fillets (I used skinless ones)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley (garnish, optional)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- In a small saucepan, add honey, garlic, onion powder, soy sauce and sriracha. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir a few times until everything is mixed. Taste and adjust if needed. Otherwise, turn off heat and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet or frying pan and bring to medium high heat. (If you want a nice sear on your salmon, I recommend using a cast iron skillet and pressing down on the fish while it is cooking in the oil.) Add in the salmon fillets once oil is hot, making sure they do not overlap. Cook salmon a few minutes on each side until salmon is almost completely cooked. You should be able to tell when the salmon is done because the flesh changes color.
- Brush both sides of salmon fillets with a light layer of sauce. Cook fish about 40-60 seconds on each side over medium heat until sauce is sticky and caramelized on the fish. Brush an additional light layer of sauce on the fish before dishing out and serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!