These pumpkin bread rolls are so easy to make. They don’t require any yeast, sugar, eggs, butter or oil. They come out soft and chewy, and are great for breakfast or as a dinner roll. These bread rolls are ready in 30 minutes, including baking time.
Now that it’s officially Fall, I’m ready to share some pumpkin recipes. Like this super easy pumpkin bread recipe. This is not a sweet pumpkin cake bread. Instead, these are like classic bread rolls but pumpkin flavored. They are perfect when you need a quick bread recipe.
- Pumpkin Puree
- Self-Rising Flour
I used canned pumpkin puree (Libby’s brand), but you can also use homemade pumpkin puree. Just make sure your puree is very thick and that you have drained off all the liquid so the puree is not too liquidy. Having too much liquid will make the dough very sticky and hard to work with.
If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own using all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. I share the exact measurements in the recipe card at the end of the post.
This is a very basic pumpkin bread recipe. While you can definitely enjoy it as is, you can also add other ingredients to add more flavor and make more variations.
- Add cinnamon to the dough for a cinnamon pumpkin bread roll.
- Add sugar to make sweet pumpkin bread rolls. You can also dust the tops with cinnamon and sugar.
More Easy Bread Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Parmesan Bread Rolls
- 2 Ingredient Apple Bread Rolls
- 2 Ingredient Milk Bread
- Sweet Potato Bread
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- 1 1/4 cup (298 g) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups (250 g) self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients. Stir with a spoon until the flour is fully incorporated into the pumpkin. You may need to knead the dough with your hands a few times to get all the flour into the dough.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll dough to form balls and place onto prepared baking sheet, spread 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until rolls are done. Breads can be served with butter or your favorite spread.
- If you don't have self-rising flour, you can make your own by whisking together 2 cups all purpose flour + 3 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt. Measure out 2 cups for the recipe.
- If using homemade pumpkin puree, make sure it is thick and not too liquidy.
- How sticky your dough is may vary depending on the pumpkin puree consistency. I used Libby's pumpkin puree. I was able to roll the dough between my palms. If your dough is stickier, the recipe will still work, but you may need to just place the dough pieces onto the baking sheet and then try to shape and smooth to form round dough balls.
- This bread is a very basic pumpkin bread recipe. You can easily modify it to create other variations, like adding cinnamon for a cinnamon pumpkin bread or adding sugar for a sweet bread.
- I used White Lily Self Rising Flour.*
- *This product link is an affiliate link. This means I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no extra charge to you).
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.