Chinese Lettuce Wraps
These Chinese-style lettuce wraps taste very similar to a restaurant version and are easy to make at home.
This post is sponsored by Lee Kum Kee.
Recently, Lee Kum Kee came out with a series of ready made sauces for popular Asian dishes, including Lettuce Wraps, Honey Sesame Chicken, Korean BBQ-Stir Fry, and Orange Chicken.
While I have my own homemade from-scratch sauces for most of my favorite Asian dishes, I do like the idea of having a ready-made sauce handy for those days where I’m too busy to deal with measuring and mixing together half a dozen or more ingredients. Lee Kum Kee is already the brand I buy for most of the Asian sauces I own for cooking, so I was pretty sure I was going to like these new sauce pouches.
The package provides a recipe for lettuce wraps, but I cooked my homemade version and use their sauce in place of the sauce I usually make.
For the protein, I usually use ground pork or ground turkey instead of ground chicken. For this version, I used lean ground turkey. I also add peas, carrots, and water chestnuts. The water chestnuts are my favorite part of the filling!
Once you have your ingredients cooked, you just need to stir in the sauce.
And then it’s ready to serve. Super easy!
Most restaurants serve this dish with iceberg lettuce, but I prefer romaine or butter lettuce. For this one, I used baby romaine lettuce as they were the perfect size for a taco-like shell.The sauce tasted just like the versions I grew up eating at Chinese restaurants. I’m looking forward to checking out the orange chicken one next because I rarely have orange juice in the house and my orange chicken sauce usually uses quite a few ingredients.
Chinese Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2.5 oz water chestnuts, finely diced
- 1 (8 oz) pouch Lee Kum Kee sauce for lettuce wraps
- 1 head of baby romaine lettuce, washed and separated into individual leaves (you can also use any other lettuce of your choosing)
- Add oil to a large skillet and bring to medium high heat. Add in turkey and cook until browned. Add in peas, carrots and chestnuts. Stir and cook until everything is completely cooked.
- Add in sauce. Bring sauce to a simmer and stir until everything is evenly coated in sauce. Turn off heat.
- Dish out filling onto lettuce leaves.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!
This post is sponsored by and written in partnership with Lee Kum Kee. All opinions expressed are my own.