These low carb and keto-friendly peanut butter cookies are so easy to make. The recipe is just 3 simple ingredients. There is no flour or butter. Everything is mixed in one bowl for easy clean-up.
I needed a quick and easy cookie recipe to make recently and decided to make these. It only took me about 10 minutes to make the dough and 10 minutes to bake the cookies. The hardest part was waiting for them to cool!
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar Alternative
For the brown sugar alternative, I used Brown Swerve. Other erythritol-based brown sugar alternatives should work as well.
Be careful not to add too much sweetener. If you’ve made classic 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, you may be used to adding more sugar, but for this keto version you don’t need nearly as much. If you use too much sweetener, it will dry out the dough and the sweetener will not completely melt during baking.
- Make sure to heat up the peanut butter and sweetener slightly before mixing. This will make it easier for the sweetener to dissolve into the peanut butter.
- The dough will be slightly crumbly. After you scoop it out, make sure to compact it in your hands.
- Do not overbake the cookies. The cookies should only start to be turning brown on top or around the edges. They should still be very soft and not set when you remove them from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool completely before attempting to remove them. They are a little more delicate than most cookies so you do need to use a cookie spatula to remove them in one piece.
Taste and Texture
Because of the minimal ingredients, the cookies are a little more delicate than your typical cookie. But they do hold together and the cookies are soft and very peanut buttery.
More Keto Cookie Recipes
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Keto Shortbread Cookies
- Keto No Bake Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Brown Swerve (not packed) or other erythritol based brown sugar alternative
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter and Swerve. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds so that the peanut butter is warm. Mix until the Swerve is evenly mixed into the peanut butter.
- Add in the egg. Stir until egg is thoroughly and evenly mixed in and a dough forms.
- Using a 1½ tbsp cookie scoop, scoop dough. Roll dough ball between hands to compact it and keep the dough together. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Press down to form a thick disk. Repeat with remaining dough. Use a fork to make criss-cross pattern on cookie surface.
- Bake cookies about 10-11 minutes or until the edges or top are just slightly starting to brown. It's okay if your cookies are not set and still very soft. You do not want to overbake them. Let cookies cool completely on cookie sheet before attempting to remove them. Because the cookies are a little delicate, make sure to use a cookie spatula to remove the cookies from cookie sheet.
- Warm up the peanut butter and sweetener before mixing to help the sweetener dissolve into the peanut butter.
- Be careful to not overbake the cookies as it will make them crumbly.
- Do not add too much sweetener. Doing so will make the dough dry and the sweetener will not fully melt into the dough during baking.
- I used Brown Swerve* for my sweetener.
- *This product link is an affiliate link. This means I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no extra charge to you).
- The estimated carbohydrates count excludes sugar alcohols. The net carbs exclude both fiber and sugar alcohols.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.